Sunday, August 17, 2008

Entry from Jan 13,2007

Man who the hell sent us this cold?? I know we needed the rain and I dont mind snow but this freezing rain has GOT TO GO! We went from 63 degrees yesterday morning down 30 degrees over the course of the day and it's supposed to last until at least Monday. UGH!!! As long as we dont get the lightenin we had last night I'll be happy. I only stream one night a week (quite on purpose as my friends will tell you) and I'd really HATE to miss it due to storms. I hate to miss any stream to be honest (unless I just need a hooky day) especially if it's over something I cant control such as illness or weather.

Man what a week THIS has been...no WONDER my BP has been up as high as it has!
I was told Sunday to call my surgeon's office at promptly 905am on Monday. I set my alarm on Sunday night so I'd be up to do this task. I sat and watched the clock until 904am and started to dial. The gal on the other end informed me that Dr J was in surgery that morning. Well this is ok. I told her the whole kit n kaboodle and told her to please have Dr J call me back. Mind you hubby took the first half of the day off from work just in case I needed to be run in right away. It gets to be 1130am and still no call from Dr J or his office so I call back and manage to get one of the other gals. She apologized because the first girl left work vomitting and she was just getting some of the messages. I went through the whole thing with her and stressed that hubby needed to go to work and if I wasnt going to be needed in today then he was going to go in and earn his pay. She tells me she wasnt aware more than one person was waiting on this info and apologized again. She punched up my name in the computer and said the labs werent posted yet but she'd check all day long and when they came up would indeed give them to the dr and call me. She also said that it would be easier to set an appointment and cancel then it would be to try and squeeze me in so we set one for Thursday. This way they have an extra day just in case there's a backup of labs from the weekend. She also informed me that Dr J wasnt my surgeon but that Dr B was. I basically told her BS as I KNOW who did the surgery and who did the post-op care. She suggested that maybe Dr J was covering the rounds. Yeah right. Bimbo. I figured that maybe Dr J did the surgery and possibly Dr B's name was used so the office would get paid as Dr J aint covered by my insurance but Dr B is. Well after goin back n forth for a few minutes on this (and me getting really pissy) we get the appt set and she promises to call. Ok fine. Hubby goes to work and we figure a call by the end of the day at least to say whether or not the labs came up and if the dr at least had them in possession. Nothing. All day Tuesday...nothing. Wednesday nothing. I gave up waiting and called around 1130am or so. The first girl couldnt give me any info but patched me off to the gal who could. This one,too, insisted Dr B was my dr and we went back and forth about that. At least this one was smart enough to say that it was possible that one was put in to satisfy the insurance people (dumbasses). She said the labs were in but needed to be printed and she'd call as soon as the dr had a chance to review (meaning DrB Im sure...damn bimbos the lot of them). I told her please do because if the dr looks at the file and decides it aint necessary to go in I aint wasting my time and will be heading to the family dr as I had to follow up with her as well. She double checked the phone number I was at and they had it in file wrong (this shoulda been a flag) so I gave her the correct one and hung up. Ok....one guess....50/50 shot...do ya THINK I got a call???
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



HELLLLLLL NO! Bimbos, idiots and inconsiderate louts! Im tellin ya if I promised a patient I'd call...even if it was at closing time and the puters were being shut down you can guarantee I'd be on the phone with at least an apology or an excuse.

Thursday I go in to the surgeon's office. I was wearing my attitude t-shirt and all prepared to rip into someone about the unprofessionalism in their front office and demand to see Dr J anyhow. I got called to the exam room and lo n behold there's Dr J. I told him "I was beginning to think I wasnt going to be allowed to see you" and got ready to rip into that front staff (man I was pissed). At which point he said that he was sorry....they had another patient with the same first name and nearly the same last name too....that there was some confusion and that's why they insisted it was Dr B I needed to see and not him (explains the wrong number....wrong frkn file!). *inserts eye roll* Thanks alot doc for takin the wind right outta my sails....man that guy's lucky he's cute ...otherwise I woulda ripped into him anyhow.

Well the good news is that everything from November's surgery is healing nicely and it aint that which gave me the pains on Sunday. *WHEW* Nicer still was we werent charged for the visit as it was operation related. On our way out, I met the last girl I talked to....I was really good and smiled and said hi....oh...she's a blonde....*shakes head*

We left the surgeon's office and since we were in the area of the family dr's office we decided to pop by and see about making an appointment for my follow up there. The office was locked up and I figured it was lunchtime. When we got home I called and was told that they simply didnt have any drs in that particular office that morning and that next time to come up to the 3rd floor and set the appointment there. Kewl. I got an appointment for Friday morning (yesterday).

Friday I went to my family dr. She says it's an inflamed muscle and to continue the Ibuprophen 3x daily for at least this week to keep inflammation down. Have been instructed no stooping, squatting or otherwise over exerting that side at all. Told me to take a Vicodin or Norco at night if it's been a particularily bad day (like today...it's cold and damp and Im feeling very stiff right now even after having my pill this morning).

She's still a bit worried about my sniffles so has increased my allergy medicines (added Singulair as well as my Zyrtec and Astelin) and insisted on me using the over the counter saline spray 2 times daily. She's hopin this will bring the inflammation down in my nasal passages. Said the white cell counts weren't THAT bad but for everyone's peace of mind (mine, hers and the surgeon's) she sent me to play with the vampires. Should have a letter with results in a few days. We're both thinking that the counts were high merely because I was really stressed that day. The BP was high (130/90) this week but I've been aggravated and worried (not to mention in pain) most of the week.

Have been in communication again with daddy. Gramma's been in this week for a CAT scan and a PET scan and the cancer hasnt gone into her bones yet. Unfortunately, things arent looking so well for her. The cancer seems to be bound and determined to take over her throat so talking is becoming problematic for her. Her energy drops daily and it got to the point where she had to quit her job as it wasnt doing her nor the business any good. She came to this decision on her own and wasnt forced out which is a good thing. The only problem is that work was the only reason for gramma to get up and going on a daily basis. She's worked all her life (she turned 83 yesterday so that's a long work history) and daddy's afraid (and I agree) that losing this job will end up being the last straw. She lives alone and has nothing else to do. We're pretty much afraid that she's just going to fade out on us because of this.

No comments: