Friday, August 15, 2008

Entry from April 13, 2006

UPDATE ON GRAMMA: Ok called gramma tonight. She sounds like she's in good spirits for the most although I think it sounded like her voice broke a bit while we talked. She was telling me about the port they put into her for the chemo and how it will be used for other stuff as well as the treatments. Found out also that the doctors are doubtful the chemo will work and will simply just make her remainin time more bearable. Im thinking...ok they said it's in stage 4 and inoperable and have said that the chemo more than likely wont work....why bother giving it to her then? Ok, anyhow she proceeds to tell me that if the treatment makes her sick feeling she'll just have them stop it. Now we all know that it's going to make her sick...it's the nature of the treatment. She said she didnt want to feel sick for the rest of the time she's alive...I have a bad feeling that I'll be needing to go to Florida at least twice this year...once in June to check on her and again before the year's end.

UPDATE WEDDING: Things are going well and I ~think~ I've decided to go through with the August event as scheduled. Gramma or no as that's how she'd want it. So, I've been bitin the bullet and trying not to fear the worse and just pluggin on through with the plans. I've got an estimate for a dj. The quote was $1200 for 6 hours of entertainment. This includes set up, tear down and all the music for the ceremony as well as the reception afterwards. I gotta see what my Babe thinks on this. I figure since we're dealing with the food and drinks ourselves we can spend a few extra dollars on someone else to take care of the tunes. The only major decision we need to make on the catering is whether or not to spring for china plates. Personally, I think the heavy duty acrylic disposable ones are fine....but I have a feeling my honor attendant is going to stroke out on me if I dont use china. It's my wedding though....maybe I can take that out in trade...I do have a couple plaster pieces she wanted finished (which will cost her $65 for the 2 pieces)....tell her if she wants china, fine she springs for it and I'll give the pieces over for no cost. That'd help us both out.

Im also working on the favors....trying a new craft with them and gold leafing the edges to add a bit more class to the glass bowls. Will place a pic in here when I get them all done.

No comments: