Friday, August 15, 2008

Entry from April 17, 2006

YES KARLA, I WENT TO THE DRS TODAY!!!! :P
So quit naggin. LOL

Im so tired. My Babe had a doctor's appointment for some blood work so he got me up so I could go in too. Mostly it was to fill in paperwork because Im a new patient there. They had an opening, however, so I got to go in for a checkup. This is good because my allergy meds will run out next week and then I'll be a sufferin puppy without them. Talked it over with the dr and told her I didnt feel that the meds I am on now were holding out for the duration...more like 12-18 hours as opposed to the 24 that they SHOULD last. She's decided to change the allergy pills to Zyrtec instead of the Clarinex to see if it helps. The dosage she has me on now is twice what the Clarinex was so Im anticipatin it'll make me sleepy til the body gets used to it. While I was there I also had her look at my feet. She didnt seem too worried about the cyst that's on the side and figures we'll just keep an eye on if for now, but if it hurts to let her know. She gave me some medicine to help out with my other problem. She told me that the meds she was prescribing may or may not affect my liver though and as such wanted some blood workup so she could see what was baseline normal. Then she'd be able to tell next month when I go in again for more bloodwork if she needs to take me off them or if we can keep using them (it's a 6 month treatment *ugh* oh well) . She's told me to plan on bloodwork for the next 2-3 months so we can see what all is going on. I think she also said she was going to have my sugar checked as well as my cholesterol and a couple other items to make sure I am otherwise healthy. So after I had my appointment with her, she sent me over to get the lab work done. Have a mentioned yet that I hate needles? Well, I really do and the lab tech could tell so he talked all the way through, acting as goofy as my Babe would. I hardly felt it...this guy was so good at what he does. A minor little pinch...not even that....and poof...all done. No bruises, no aching...just a touch of swelling where the needle had gone in...like a large mosquito bite at best.

Well, Im going to scoot now. I just wanted to leave a note because I know Karla reads this and I havent seen her yet today.

No comments: