Friday, August 15, 2008

Entry from April 19, 2006

We've been having some really nice weather lately...if you like HOT!! LOL The last 3 days we've broken temperature records and the last 2 days have had days over 100 degrees. *WHEW* Today we have 75 degrees so far...but it's only about 20 minutes after 11 right now too here. Yeah, I know, awfully early for me to be vertical. I couldnt sleep anymore because my toes were hurting somethin fierce today....plus Im aggravated and that doesnt help matters much either. On Monday, we went to the doctor's and she wrote me out 3 scripts...2 for allergy medicine refiles and one for my toes. Well, the insurance covered the meds for the allergies just fine with no hassles ...even though they each still cost us $50...on the one medicine that's only a $30 savings...not sure about the pills because that was a change in meds and I dont know how much that would have been without the insurance (Im betting more costly than the Clarinex I was on as it's twice the dossage) ...sheesh and I need this stuff to breathe well too. HOWEVER, on the medicine for my toes...they fussed. Why? Because the medicine is $300+ each time I fill it (I'll need to fill it for 6 months...) and they want to be sure I really NEED it. Needless to say the insurance and the drs office are going round and round about it. It's been 2 days and I still dont have the pills to fix this problem and I woke up this morning with them burnin and hurtin an awful lot. Well, I just got a call from the drs and looks like Babe called WalMart and the drs office this mornin to find out what was up. The drs office told me they called the insurance and talked to them and that the insurance company would make a decision in 24-48 hours. HMOs I swear *insert a double eyeroll here* . I wonder which they'd rather pay for...6 months of this medicine or a lifetime of painkillers?

Babe n I went out yesterday and ran some errands. He had a package that needed to go out UPS to his buddy in Arkansas and a package to ship to his nephew in Tennessee (BDay gift) that we shipped USPS. While we were out I figured we should send the invites out and begged a trip to JoAnn's Fabrics (they had a big sale on their clearance stuff...75% off). I was hoping to find some more gold leafing paper for my favors but they didnt have any. I did manage to spend around $40 though. I found a couple real cute pictures of butterflies to paint (not paint by number) that were already stretched onto a wood frame. I figure I'll paint them for the guest room (they'll look nice in a baby's room too when the time comes). As per my usual I wont be following the directions and putting my own twist on them. Who knows I may actually enjoy this craft and be looking to do more. The plasters I like to paint were clearanced too. The one in the picture above* is one I finished for a wedding and cost me about $10 (got her on sale...of course) for the piece and then the cost of paints and time and stuff. Well that very piece in the raw was clearanced at $4 ...so I picked up their last piece. They also had the horses in the raw clearanced at same price so I bought the last 2 of those (see November 8th blog entry to see a finished example of this piece* ). Ohhhh and I found some small glass Christmas ball ornaments that were 25 cents a piece and they took more money off those ..I bought like 8 because I want to try another craft and so some glass etching on them ( I may take a couple and make a couple more of those marble looking ornaments too....now THOSE were real cool looking!). I also bought 4 smaller ceramic pieces that Im going to paint and make into magnets and 2 plaster Christmas ornaments. Oh and I also bought 2 containers of the microfine glitter in gold. Im going to use that to touch up the favors Im making as the gold leafing isnt going how I was hoping it would BUT I THINK I know how to fix the problem...but on the off chance it dont work then the glitter will hide the booboos :D.

Well, I think Im goin to scoot. I want to work on the favors today and Im doing laundry and I think after Babe finishes the lawn I may see if we can pop around the corner to Hobby Lobby and see if I can find some leafing paper there and possibly some more gold etching solution. Of course, this being his last day off for the next 6 days I may just wait until tomorrow and grab a cab and go by myself....or just wait til next week...I do have banners I need to do too.

* Pictures of these items ~might~ be in a Photobucket account...prolly the LadyStyx one.

No comments: